TOP 5 ‘A-ha!’ Moments From CEO Search Committee Tours
Pictured: Pamela Rolfe, Cathi Hatch, Roxanne Shepherd, “Hansel and Gretel” from the Orange County Youth Ballet, Jane Hague, Mary Pat Byrne, and Sofia Babaeva
Several members of the CEO Search Committee, chaired by Jane Hague, visited McCallum Center in Palm Desert and Segerstrom Center in Costa Mesa to learn what it really takes to run a successful performing arts organization. Here’s few things that we learned:
- McCallum Center’s founders took 15 years to raise the money and they had both Bob Hope and President Gerald Ford on their board!
- To build recognition and trust in our brand, it was suggested that we can design and launch our Tateuchi Center Arts Education Program before we actually open the building.
- Segerstrom Center’s CEO Terry Dwyer says, “One of the keys to your success will be “putting a stake in the ground” in terms of what you offer that makes you different than other theaters.”
- Find out which art forms our community cares about the most. Have conversations about possible programming options with all of our diverse community members.
- The highest % of students reached by both performing arts centers is through off-campus programs that bring the performing arts to schools.